Engagement season is just around the corner and there will be many ladies out there jumping up and down with excitement and a long list of todo’s. The best thing you can do once engaged is keep your sanity while having fun. Here are 10 things that you should do to help keep you sane and smiling:
- Head over to the nail salon – Get a relaxing spa manicure because your hand will be looked at and held by many while they ooooh and ahhh at your ring. You will also be showing off your ring on your hand in photos, so you want to be sure that your hands are in new bling shape.
- Tell friends, family and pretty much anyone that will be thrilled for you – It is pretty awesome to hear a bunch of ‘congratulations!’ after you say ”yes”, so spill the beans. Have fun and enjoy the moment.
- Get an idea of what your budget will be – I cannot tell you how many of my brides say they are shocked when they realize how fast the budget gets eaten up, so list out the vendors, venue, dress, suit/tux, etc. and be realistic about what they will cost. I often suggest to list the three things that mean the most to you and budget most of your money for those and then figure out ways to reduce costs on the other items.
- Book your venue, photographer, wedding planner and videographer – Your photographer & videographer will be documenting your wedding day and possibly other events leading up to the big day. You will be looking at these preserved memories for many years to come, so be sure to research and book one that fits your style and personality. A great wedding planner can not only help pull all the details together beautifully, but he/she can most likely save you some money too. Venues, planners, photographers and videographers usually book up a year in advance, so don’t wait too long.
- Set a date – This one goes along with step 4 because you have to know your date prior to booking the above vendors.
- Start Pinning – If you don’t have a Pinterest account, sign up for one and start inspirational boards. I Pin a lot and even share boards with some of my brides to get a visual on ideas that either of us have. I like to Pin anything that I think a bride & groom might like and find useful. Here is my Pinterest page.
- Get a binder – You will want to keep track of all the details in one easy to find place. This is where you will write down ideas, keep up to date with your budget, have a calendar of events, a list of vendors and ripped out pages from magazines.
- Insure your ring – Having worked in the insurance industry for 9 years, I can tell you that this is a must do.
- Work it out together – If you and your fiance’ don’t workout together already, consider taking an hour a day to get wedding day ready while having some stress-free time. Maybe even sign up for a 5K as a goal. Don’t like running? Consider walking or riding bikes.
- Go on date nights & chill – Don’t let the wedding planning process turn into a time of stress and frustration. Remember, you are planning your big day and this should be a fun time. Grab coffee & chat about anything other than the planning…just enjoy each other.
+ view comments . . .