I’ve had the honor of doing a lot of Bridal sessions and I absolutely love them!! Some I still can’t share just yet…but they are some of my absolute favorite sessions. We just don’t get this kind of time on a wedding day. An hour and a half just to simply enjoy and celebrate your dress. Many of my brides who do bridal sessions display a beautiful 16×24 fine art framed print. Some even have displayed more than one. Guests LOVE this.
Here are a few tips to help make your session go smoothly while having a lot of fun:
1. Plan your hair and makeup trial for the day of your session. Think of it as a day of pampering. You will feel so much more confident leaving the details to the professionals.
2. Bring your veil with you but we will put it in halfway through the session. It’s so much easier to mess up perfectly done locks when taking the veil out. Let’s get a few shots of you without your veil and then we can add it in later.
3. Bring your mom, bestie or even your dad with you to help carry the train or hold your veil or hand you a water bottle now and again. You and I can definitely make it work alone but I’ve found that having a bestie or your mom along really enhances your experience. Plus a lot of laughs happen with us all together.
4. Don’t wear your bra for a few hours beforehand if you have a backless dress! On your wedding day this isn’t a problem but a bridal session typically happens around sunset so you’ve had all day for those lovely bra lines to sink in. This also goes for hair ties…take them off your wrist early in the day.
5. Since you’re having your hair and makeup trial, why not do a trial run of your bouquet as well?! It’s just an extra prop that can be really handy to have! If your exact flowers aren’t in season just grab a few like-colors.
6. Make sure you clean your ring. I’ll be doing a few close-up ring shots so you want to make sure it sparkles like the day you first received it.
7. Speaking of water bottle…Bring some. Whether it is hot or cold outside, it’s important to have some water on hand in case you need it.
8. Feel free to bring a few props along! If you’re not sure of something, ask me and we’ll figure out what could work!
9. Accept that your dress may get a little bit dirty. Your hem line might have a few smudges on it by the time we’re finished. I always take the upmost care in making sure that we don’t do anything to get it deliberately dirty, but some small dirt marks can happen. Schedule your last cleaning for AFTER our session.
10. Relax and HAVE FUN!!! This time is all about you and how BEAUTIFUL you look! Enjoy it!
I look forward to your bridal session 🙂
Thank you for stopping by!
+ view comments . . .