Somehow Wednesday flew by before I had a chance to sit and write the next fun post for the Wedding Wednesday series. I recently updated my Facebook status saying how fast time is flying by this year. It almost feels like Mr. Time hopped on the Concorde as of lately. So it looks like this post should be titled “Wedding Wednesday…a day late”. haha.
This past weekend I had the privilege of being on the other end of the wedding festivities. Instead of documenting the day, I was participating in my sister’s wedding in Chicago. What an amazing 4 days it was to be back home with friends & family AND to see my sweet sister marry such an incredible man. Congratulations Sarah & Ari – I love you! You are probably wondering how this is leading into my newest topic for WW. Well, my sister called me up prior to the wedding to ask my advice on things to include in the welcome bags/baskets. Having shot several destination weddings, I have received some very creative and fun welcome bags and they are a treat to open.
Here are a few thoughts:
1. Include a basic itinerary of the wedding-related activities.
2. Provide a couple of water bottles, snacks, mints, gum and anything else a traveling guest may enjoy.
3. All contact information in case a guest has questions. Assigning someone to this number is helpful because the bride & groom will be busy.
4. Maps & local coupons.
5. Something specific to your theme.
6. Something specific to the location of your wedding.
7. A note pad & pen.
You can be as creative as you want. This is a special way to let your traveling guests know how much you appreciate them sharing in this special day with you and your family.
Welcome bag notes can be found on Etsy.
Thank you for stopping by!
+ view comments . . .