On a previous Wedding Wednesday post I talked about various things to help you get your skin glowing and camera ready. Consider this one Part 2 of the “Getting your skin camera ready”. Now I certainly do not profess to have flawless creamy skin that looks beautifully airbrushed at all times of the day, but I have found a few tricks of the trade over the years that can keep your skin looking its best.
1. Drink Water – I know…I am beginning to sound like a broken record, but it is necessary to keep our skin looking great. Plain ol’ water works great, but I do like to indulge in a yummy Metromint every once in awhile.
2. Cleanse – Cleansing your skin is a must. It is the foundation of any skincare since dirt, pollutants and oil clog pores (which means choking your skin) and lead to breakouts and inflammation. Stay away from harsh soaps and chemical solutions which will harm your skin, throw its pH off balance and induce inflammation, leading to premature degeneration and aging. I personally like Purpose soap-free gel.
3. Exfoliate – but do it gently. The more you clean off dead cells, dirt, oil and pollutants, the better it breathes, the healthier it is, the more beautiful it is. This pumpkin enzyme mask is the bees knees!
4. Calming Masks – only when needed. Sometimes your face can use a little calming down…much like our nerves on a bad day. haha. This mask says it is for redness relief which is true, but it just seems to give a great overall glow.
5. Prep Your Pucker – you certainly do not want to have dry smoochers. So be sure to put some lip balm on before you head to bed. I personally LOVE this one. Can you tell I am a lover of peppermint?
6. Don’t neglect the feet – I know…you probably will not have your toes as the main focus of a photo shoot, but I could not resist sharing this great tool for keeping feet soft. I bought my first one many years ago and lost it. Thinking I could go without, I tried other brands. Well the Diamancel is well worth the money. Just use it for a few seconds after your shower and you will WANT to have your toes in pics 🙂 or maybe not.
If you have any tips you would like to share, be sure to leave a comment so others can benefit too.
Thanks for stopping by!